Friday 7 March 2014

Bucket-less-ness

A year ago I promised myself I should do something 'wild and reckless' before I was fifty. Last night I realised I had singularly failed to do so, and have come to the conclusion that I am just not a naturally reckless person. I also wrote a bucket-type list of things that I would like to do, that were much more low key than the 'wild and reckless' ambition, and I didn't manage many of those either, so I think that this year I will remain bucket-less and just see what happens.  
I did apply for several jobs, some even that I wanted, and have had two interviews. My move to management fell through completely with the privatisation but I may end up with a new role in the office when the revision finally happens (they have been promising this for nearly three years now.) I have kept up the Zumba classes for over a year now and still really enjoy them. I did find this copy of 'Felting Fashion' by Lizzie Houghton in the Oxfam bookshop for £4, and it had been on my Amazon wish list for ages, so maybe it will inspire me to do some more felting.

For my birthday Mum and Dad sent me a box containing sunglasses, a luggage lock and insect repellant, all in anticipation of our trip in May to Costa Rica. We will be staying the first week in an ecolodge on the Osa Peninsula, that looks very posh, but we are also going to travel around on the local buses and stay in hostels the rest of the time and the second week are going to the Monteverde Cloud forest and the Arenal VolcanoIt feels like it will be a grand adventure, so maybe a little bit of wild and recklessness will be happening this year after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.