Friday 5 April 2013

The 24 Hour Read-a-thon (not an A to Z post)

This is my sign up post for the Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon which takes place on the 27th April. It has been run twice a year since October 2007. I am not sure why it's not just called a Reading Marathon but people do like to make up gimmicky words so we'll just go with the consensus. I feel like I don't often give myself over to extended periods of reading and this sounds like a good excuse to ignore everyone, get some snacks in and hide myself away for a day. It works out quite nicely since it is organised from America somewhere so the official start time here in the UK is 1pm, by which time I am usually back from work, so I can read from 1pm Saturday until 1pm Sunday (though I am anticipating having least a little nap during that time). For anyone interested you can sign up here.

2 comments:

  1. I so wish I could do this but I work on Saturdays. Ah well maybe some other time. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do this, but I think I'll have to wait until the fall. Too many kids to chase after on the weekends, but I think I'll dedicate some time to reading that day for sure. Now, on to you A to Z post.....
    A2Z Mommy And What’s In between

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin