Saturday 8 December 2012

10 Years

Royal Mail are very appreciative of my ten years service with the company; look they gave me a pen:-). My anniversary is strictly the 18th but I didn't like to quibbled over a few days.  Jo (assistant manager) arrived at my frame this morning with a little box, and very nicely gave me the option to have it presented publicly, an offer I swiftly declined. I feel vaguely proud of myself, there is a sense of achievement at sticking with something that is quite a physically demanding job, and while I am aware that there are about a million better ways I might have earned a living in the past ten years there are also several million much worse ways. And it's always nice to be appreciated. I won't go so far as to say I'm looking forward to the next ten but I can imagine there will probably be quite a few more.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations Martine! that's a great achievement - and also your nanowrimo! It was lovely seeing you and Julie at the Whitworth a couple of weeks ago xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.