Sunday 15 April 2012

M is for Mollify

"But I left it right here."
He began gathering up old letters and peering randomly into empty envelopes. He clattered the dirty plates together and tossed piles of newspaper onto the floor. He emptied his pockets onto the table and searched through the screwed up bus tickets and receipts.
"What have you lost now dad?"
Eric looked over from the television, feigning disinterest.
"That twenty quid. I just know I still had it."
Eric sighed and got up.
"Here, have this fiver to keep you going till pension day. I'll put the kettle on and we'll have a nice cuppa."


(Linking back to the A to Z challenge.)

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Martine! Ooo, I hate it when money is misplaced. Luckily I'm super organized so that doesn't happen! Unless I spend it and wonder where the heck it went, heehee. ;)

    Have a lovely week and happy A to Z!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin