Friday 4 March 2011

Further knitting progress

The main pieces are all complete for the Cables and Eyelet Hoodie that has been in the pipeline for a week or so. I have never blocked my knitting before but since it was knitted from another project the yarn was very crinkly so I decided to do the whole thing properly. It was damped slightly, then pinned to shape and left to dry.
M's only pair of home knitted socks were unfortunately machine washed a few weeks ago turning them into a nice pair of toddler slipper socks, and I promised her some new ones. My only other unfinished project was a pair of fingerless gloves in some lovely Violet Green merino/silk sock yarn (a gift from Julie back in 2009), so I have begun unravelling them to do her some socks.
Then yesterday M and I did a traditional day-off charity shop trawl: she came home with five videos, including Bugsy Malone, and a copy of tales by Edgar Allen Poe; I found 'The Ballad of Peckham Rye' by Muriel Spark and this lovely vibrant multi-coloured thick-and-thin yarn, which I am knitting into a baby blanket. It is only acrylic but is lovely and soft and the colours are so fabulous, it was only £3 and weighed over 500g. I may have to go back and buy the others, though they were rather more dominantly pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.