Monday 17 January 2011

Knitting in the round

The circular needles finally arrived ... at lunchtime on Sunday, good old Royal Mail, they must have as much backlog in the Chorlton office as we have. Here is the ribbing for Dunk's jumper, it looks pretty small but it is stretching out as I go. It is a lovely chunky 100% wool yarn by Drops (all sorts of lovely free patterns on their website) and it is growing nice and quickly, I am already 10" up. I have never knitted a raglan sleeve before so this is going to be an interesting experiment.

In between the knitting M and I popped to the library to pick up a copy of The Crucible. She is looking for an audition piece for her application to Manchester College drama diploma course, though she's most likely to end up doing some Shakespeare. She also came back with some William Blake and the plays of Tennessee Williams. I picked out Helen Dunmore's 'A Spell of Winter' which is on my Orange Prize list and Valerie Martin's 'Italian Fever' on tape (to accompany the knitting), chosen because I have already read and enjoyed her books. I am currently reading John Berger 'Here is where we meet' ... very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin