Sunday 26 December 2010

Christmas Knitting

Christmas 2008 I knitted socks for my family's Christmas presents, it was a marathon session that left me mere hours to finish the last pair before the close of business on the last posting day:
This year has been very hectic, but I decided at the last minute to go back to home made gifts and did hats for my sister and mum and dad. These were all done in Stylecraft Signature Chunky, a soft wool/acrylic blend in these lovely deep colours. The patterns were all from Ravelry.
Dunk had been dropping hints about the jumper I promised him long since so I hid in the bedroom a couple of evenings and did him one too, which is keeping him cosy in the study cos the radiator is rather small and it's not keeping the room very warm.
Last but not least I did a scarf for Tish (she recently crocheted herself a hat anyway) in King Cole Riot, which is only a DK so I used it double to make it thick enough, it just has a simple basket-weave pattern on it. The colours did this rather neat thing where the stripes repeated backwards, which works brilliantly on the scarf so the ends match.

1 comment:

  1. Blimey you knitters have a secret language! LOL!!

    Happy Boxing Day!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.