Wednesday 30 June 2010

Work Winge of the Week 4: Customers

I know, I know, I have already winged about customers once before, and I'm sure this won't be the last time either.

Having a crappy few weeks doing too much overtime (crappy apart from the extra money that is). People going sick is my other work winge of the day but I'll try not to be too judgemental (except that person who skived the day of the football match last week!). Anyway I was being Guy again this afternoon, after having 'been Mike' all morning, and it was half past two and I was nearly finished when I called at Fox Farm house and this b****y woman comes out and tells me that they leave post 'to go' in their box and that I had forgotten to pick a couple up and she had been obliged to take them herself. By this time I was pretty hot and tired and when I get some 'I'm so rich my house is in the middle of nowhere' woman implying I am not doing my job properly it was the straw that broke the camel's back. So I rather-less-than-politely told her that we do not run a private collection service in this country and it is at the discretion of the postman whether he takes your letters for you (something I am more than happy to do for the elderly or housebound or people who live in the middle of nowhere). And I drove away absolutely fuming, but also fuming because I am never rude to customers so I was annoyed at myself for being rude and annoyed at her for being so officious that I felt like being rude.
Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. She should think herself lucky anyone ever takes her post out for her! Most people wouldn't even think of asking...
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin