Tuesday 9 June 2009

On The Kitchen Table

Don't forget to ring school
Tish lunch money
Pack some clothes and pj's and I will get the toothbrushes
Hang out the washing
Hairbrush, cream, aspirin
I will be back around 2, don't burn the house down
don't forget eardrops
Mum can you look for my phones, can't find them
See you about 11
All the animals need cleaning out!!!
Someone feed the cat when she turns up
Washing needs hanging out
Shopping: plasters, cocoa
Hi, I will be late laat M x
Tish lunch money
Ring council
Phone theatre
We have your children ....
Check you have your ticket and railcard
Need more FFW cos I ran out and will die if I don't have any
Jake we will pick you up at 4.30 ish
Bedding in the machine
Dunk, get milk
lunch money for Tish
mum record survivors for me
gone voting, be back soon Tish/Jake
Washing in the machine - please hang up (this means you)

Everyone in our house comes and goes at different times so we have a pad for messages on the kitchen table. The pages are all covered in scrawl now so I was about to throw it in the recycle bin, when I realised it was a lovely record of recent ordinary family life. Sometimes I miss my children being small and being around me all the time but seen like this I like the new independence that they have and how they mostly want such small things from me. The "we have your children line..." is meant to be a little cryptic, it was from a little something we did with the visitors in May (No children were harmed in the making of this film, the characters and incidents portrayed and the names herein are fictitious and any similarity to the name, character and history of any person, living or dead, is entirely coincidental and unintentional.)

1 comment:

  1. What happened to the classic.... The cat has thrown up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.